28' BCC rudder blade - free to a good home!

Hello BCC fellows I recently purchased the BCC 28 No. 100 MAGGIE and was able to sail her during three weeks in Penoscop Bay. After that I had to return to Switzerland. Next summer I will sail Maggie to Europe. Along with Maggie came a completely new rudder blade, which I don’t need and don’t want to take to Europe. So my question: can any of you use a BCC 28 rudder blade? It is in Rockland ME in winter storage at Journey’s End marina and can be picked up there for free. I will be happy if someone can use it really.

Best regards Christoph Wildisen

Contact Dave at BristolChannelCutter.org for more info.

Dave,
I am responding to your post about your spare rudder. I have inherited a neglected BCC 28 from my cousin who died from a terminal illness. He could not care for his boat in his dying years, but I am hoping to restore her. I knew she needed a lot of work but just learned of her failing rudder. Is your spare still available? I am on the west coast near San Francisco so picking it up is not an option. I am hoping that if it is available we can work something out.

Many thanks in advance,

David

Hi. Does anyone know if this rudder is still available and/or how to contact Christoph Wildisen or the current caretaker?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hello All - I got in contact with Christoph and he told me the rudder went to someone restoring a BCC in Rhode Island. Anyone know what boat/owner that is?

Cheers,
Jeremy